Thursday 15 December 2016

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Judaism, But Were Afraid To Ask

I am, I admit, done with 2016, but excited for the year to come.

In January I will begin teaching The Aleph Course. It’s a six part course where each week the subject is one of the most important aspects of Jewish identity; Shabbat, History, Prayer, Theology, Israel ...

Six consecutive Wednesdays, 8pm at the Shul, beginning 11th January. Each class is self-contained.

I’m doing the bulk of the teaching, Cantor Jason and David-Yehuda will be pitching in with a class each. More information here.

It’s a chance to get the grounding and context so many members tell me they never had, or have forgotten, or would simply want again.

It’s material that has been hugely appreciated in previous outings at New London and elsewhere and I’m delighted to be able to return to teach it at our Shul. If this is something you, or anyone you know, might be interested, please let me know, and make a note of the dates and other info.

It’s very definitely open to non-members and members alike - though we make a charge for non-members. It is a chance to feel comfortable in our Jewish identity and hugely recommended.

Shabbat shalom


Rabbi Jeremy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...